
OK, so here's how it went. I finished work at 9.30 on the 28th of July, I flew at 8am on the 29th, arrived in Bangkok at 6pm, took the bus to the railway station, jumped on a night train, jumped on a morning bus, jumped on a morning boat, and finally arrived in Koh Pangan at 2pm. No sleep, aeroplane food, and many odd conversations after a day at work and I was on one of the world's premier party island, and I was knackered.
I contacted Eunyoung and James only to find that I had overtaken them, they were in Koh Tao. We met 5 hours later, I spent the time in between talking to some guys who have lived on the Island for years, they were married and seemed to live off of the backs of their Thai-wives hard work.
James and Eunyoung's arrival was great, was cool to see them and great to meet their new friend Louis from Belgium, he is a top guy.
The first day we went to the 'Half-moon' party, it was an experience but really not my thing, and to be honest the 40 hours without sleep did not help. Still it was a great night and involved much moving around the Island, I was pleasantly surprised by the Island's beauty and the abundance of space, the Party areas really were restricted to a few places, so you could get away.

The next day was fun filled and sorrow filled, we borrowed mopeds and headed around the island, this involved a lot of dodgy off road driving and lots of stops in great places. Not long after our stops we came into trouble, firstly with Louis and Eunyoung coming off in the sand, and shortly behind them James and I did the same, just hitting potholes and falling off, and few scratches on us, but more on the bike, safe to say this was an expensive day on motorbikes, still it was fun. Though I will neve
r borrow a bike from uptight tossers again, it's India all the way for motorbike riding.The rest of my holiday was great, it was very chilled and I did very litte, the Islands were beautiful, the weather hot, and the ocean warm, it was a vacation to remember, and luckily for me not too much of an adventure, because if it had been there is no way I would have come back, despite my affection for Korea.
The times were good, the people great and the weather fantastic.

No comments:
Post a Comment