One thing is pivotal on determining whether you have a good or a bad weekend in Korea and that is the weather, Korea hosts a mixture of indoor and outdoor activities, but due to the inebriation effects of alcohol the indoor events, which are dominated by drinking, are harder to document or recall.

Here is a picture from Ellie's birthday, some people, myself not included, have access to the roofs of their building, creating a great space for relaxing. The day was dominated by good food (which I must mention due to our discovery of an amazing cheese shop) and wine. Good times were had.
If the weather is good we attempt to make trips to one of the many parks in Seoul, just like in the UK they are well known but underused, especially by me. It's a good place to kick back and relax, and certainly beats sitting in my bewilderingly hot apartment. In this picture I'm pretending I know how to play chess, I took my time making moves to pretend that I had a strategy and even feign that I was thinking more than one move ahead.
So far whilst being in Korea I have made it to the beach a meagre three times, the most recent was an overnight camping trip to Donghae, this was a wind and rain filled camp-out, but it was worth it, even if we did spend most of the time in Hoff (beer hall/ snack bar). Still could be
worse, I swam in the sea and used my tent.
Check in again at a later date....

Here is a picture from Ellie's birthday, some people, myself not included, have access to the roofs of their building, creating a great space for relaxing. The day was dominated by good food (which I must mention due to our discovery of an amazing cheese shop) and wine. Good times were had.
If the weather is good we attempt to make trips to one of the many parks in Seoul, just like in the UK they are well known but underused, especially by me. It's a good place to kick back and relax, and certainly beats sitting in my bewilderingly hot apartment. In this picture I'm pretending I know how to play chess, I took my time making moves to pretend that I had a strategy and even feign that I was thinking more than one move ahead.

So far whilst being in Korea I have made it to the beach a meagre three times, the most recent was an overnight camping trip to Donghae, this was a wind and rain filled camp-out, but it was worth it, even if we did spend most of the time in Hoff (beer hall/ snack bar). Still could be
worse, I swam in the sea and used my tent.Check in again at a later date....

No comments:
Post a Comment